question: Mrs. Prem, you are an opera singer, author, blogger, video producer and mother, as you get it all under one roof ?
Answer: Well, I do not always all at once. My work as a singer rests completely for about two years, after 17 years on stage. 250 days absence a year and a school-age daughter (10), which is not compatible at all well. But I'm not sad about it, I gave the new situation but the possibility me very deeply to other areas to incorporate, which I have always been interested, for me, however, lacked complete before the time.
*
Question: You say you do not feel sad about it. Because you do not miss the stage after so long?
Answer: Yes. But I am not a person who is staying for a long time with feelings of missing or longing. They are nothing more than affirmations of the defect. Hold a fast in the sense of the past everything was better. This life as a professional opera singer is not easy: Permanent traveling, to keep learning new opera houses, new roles, fighting colds after long trips on trains with unusual heating, despotic directors (not all but some) and acts of violence that one can not imagine, under normal circumstances. Those who have never worked with the onset of laryngeal inflammation, two days before a big premiere somewhere in a country whose language he knows little, has been sitting in the hotel, knowing that no one would be the role of illness can take over so quickly, the feeling of loneliness known only imperfectly .
* Question: Do you have celebrated in 1990 in Nuremberg Opera House, so in your hometown, your debut on the stage. it all went smoothly?
Answer: Back in my first Solo role, I asked one of three newspaper sellers in the contemporary opera "Count Mirabeau" by Siegfried Matthus dar. Although it was no longer a main role, I was immensely nervous. I remember that I've been thinking all the time about how I would ever can fill a major role, if I had a minor role in any nerve. Later I noticed that it behaves just the opposite: The larger the wheel, the longer sings the nervousness away during the evening and soaked in the ideal case of pure euphoria. This option is limited in small roles: As soon as you are singing warm, if any, must be leave the stage again. Despite all the nervousness
worked but at the time, the stage debut, everything runs like clockwork.
* Question: What were your greatest successes as an opera singer?
Answer: It is always the question with what measure of success is measured. When asked about the amount of frenetic meetings in the newspaper, then was that, if I remember correctly, my debut as Turandot "in 1998 at the Komische Oper in Berlin. This perception is probably the density of the media capital, since, many other products were not as successful, take the public's reaction as a measure, whether in my role debut as "Salome" at the Anhalt Theatre Dessau, or my presentation of "Brünnhilde" in Richard Wagner's "Siegfried" and "Gotterdammerung" in Mexico City.
*
Question: Were there times a show, you will remember not like?
Answer: Oh, yes! J The memory is from my initial time in the early 90's, at the Staatsoper Stuttgart. Imagine: the first firm commitment, it was February, high season of colds. I sang a small but delicate role, the nymph Naiad, "in Richard Strauss'" Ariadne auf Naxos. Inexperienced, left alone, clueless and dutiful to the limit of stupidity how as a beginner is level, the thought was to cancel a performance due to illness, to me absolutely inconceivable. So I entered, despite 39 ° Celsius fever and severe bronchitis the stage. With the result that it came during a performance in total loss of my voice.
* Question: What music do you listen to?
Answer: My music taste has not changed since my youth. Still, the operas of Richard Wagner and Richard Strauss' my favorites, plus many other classical composers.
*
Question: pop music, you never hear?
Answer: Yes, constantly. Involuntarily. For one can her escape is not practical. In previous years I was ever vociferous complainants because of "acoustic pollution, with the time I got used to many things. A certain fatalistic attitude with good help. And, you will laugh: I admire people like Dieter Bohlen, if only for its native business ability and high intelligence. And I mean specifically not cynical.
*
Question: When and how did you get the idea to write a book?
Answer: 2005, still on a guest appearance in Mexico, where I sang the title role in Puccini's "Turandot," reigned in Mexico City blistering heat. Since It is not to take an option for a singer, more tours and unnecessary to wear forces. So I was sitting at the imagination free days in the hotel. The TV program was, apart from CNN, kept completely in English, I have, with some effort, but so-so, even though I never learned. Battered reading had long read. At one point I turned off the telly and sat there. One hour. Two. Three. And then it was back again, the tingling in his hand, which I had previously noted a lack of time insufficient. I wanted to write. Absolutely. A Romanplot, who had already gone before me somewhat vaguely through my mind was suddenly in the details before me. So I went to the nearby Wal-Mart and bought several writing pads and a larger supply of pens.
And then I wrote. Two weeks later, after the host game, I had 2 / 3 of my novel "risk loving care," in hand luggage and was suffering from the onset of tendonitis of the right hand. Back in Germany, I quickly understood that a hand-written manuscript - is "hand-written manuscript is not" a pleonastic? - Today, a dime is worth more, and I would have to purchase a computer to publish the novel can do what I wanted to make sure.
So I bought a laptop. It was the first computer of my life. When the Windows fanfare sounded for the first time, I almost fell off my chair because I had hitherto not known that computers make sounds too. I had always thought of modern typewriters. What an ignorance ... J
A few days later I had gotten the out at least rudimentary then, transferred the finished written in Mexico in the digital form and my first book.
* Question: What books have you been published?
Answer: First, in 2006, the relationship thriller "Careful loving danger," the number of people at that time quite shocked, as he dramatically erotic scenes! not saved. Since I was not on stage shrunk as Salome sometimes even appear naked, as it fits into the concept of production, it was only logical for me to tell in my book a whole story. It is not only the question: How good something is, the question should rather be: How true is it? How much courage to the totality a story is told? Only truthful interests me. Everything else is a waste of time.
After publication of "risk loving care," I paused a while to write, for I had discovered the world of the Internet. Of computers, I still had little idea, but its own home should be. No, two, one for the singer, one for the author. Of course, even built. Because I was almost desperate for months, but eventually I came up again and started writing the second novel, "2010 - For hatred pulls" dark circles that appeared 2008th It is a very fit different kind of book as a "loving care Danger," for the best, the term "satirical mystery thriller would.
a third book was published in 2009 the children's book "Essentials Walpurgisnacht! - Computing is (no) witchcraft. " In it, I've taken the basics in rhymes, which are packaged in a cheerful Walpurgisnacht history. The basic idea is that even small Children in rhymed verse to remember with effortless ease, when they read quite often enough. So why not teach the basics all the way along? Later memorizing the multiplication table rows is therefore largely redundant, leaving more time for practicing its application.
*
question: Do you currently more of a book?
Answer: Currently there are three projects that I would like to conclude: Walpurgisnacht to "basics" will there be a sequel, I'm working on at once!. Also rests on my hard drive for some time in its raw version almost ready, now 500-page historical novel I would like to revise fundamentally overhaul and what will take some time.
Apart from about two months ago a biography was published, I have written as a ghostwriter. Another will be printed this year as a private issue. She is ready and is awaiting its authorization by the person concerned.
*
Question: How long have you operated as a blogger?
Answer: Even before the creation of my first blog in 2008 I have a lot of experimenting with Web sites. The Internet is a great way to make new books known. In view of about 100,000 annual releases in the German book market, it is not even remotely possible that traditional booksellers stockpile with any available titles. But the space in the virtual bookshelves of the Internet is inexhaustible.
From this motivation, I finally came to blog. Advantage of blogging is that often very long construction times are reduced dramatically for a conventional Web site through the sophisticated templates of the blogging systems, so you can quickly get to the essentials: creating content. Also one of the most complex activities of a website builder that internal linking is away on a blog: every new post will automatically be added to the archive, What especially for frequent writer like me is an incredible relief.
* Question: What were your experiences as a blogger?
Answer: The fundamental experience is probably every blogger is that you get a whole new sense of how quickly time passes. If you want to keep blog alive, it is essential to publish always new posts. This is sometimes not easy, but is also a challenge.
My best experience in that area but certainly the creation of the Authors read "A book! Is" whose member I am, and whose blog http://ein-buch-lesen.blogspot.com I am responsible. Our "hard core" consists of five people: Sylvia B., Walter-Jörg Langbein, gcroth, Hajak Rita and me. We met us, how could it be otherwise, in an Internet forum. At some point we realized that it does not bring as much if everyone is driving on their own through the vast expanses of the World Wide Web, and that it would be better to cooperate in terms of book marketing. What could be better than creating a joint blog, in which each one of us has access to discontinue its contributions. Since each of us covering other topics, such a community blog is much more varied and interesting, as operated by individuals or. Even with the linking and networking it works better because each of us operates its own sites that refer to the Community Blog and uses its capacity of external links. Meanwhile, we also run a YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/einbuchlesen that connects our book trailer together, a common Twitter account http://twitter.com/ein_Buch_lesen and the blog http://einbuchlesennachrichten.blogspot.com , through which all news is focused around our campaign and their partners. Specifically, I want to thank me in that context, Sylvia B, who really tirelessly on further technical Expansion of "Read a book!" Tinkers. All the other to excellence: Fill your own blog with content writing, yard-long blog series with completely unique content or are on the other with technical questions about book cover design or set side. We are a really great team and I am very glad to be able to count.
*
Question: Your daughter Cosima was able to read two years before starting school, and write. Who taught her that?
Answer: Cosima was at a very early age a keen interest in all Printed. And not because Mom accidentally writes books, because I had then, in 2000, from still not at all. It was simply this: They always had the look in books or magazines.
on a walk, just on her first birthday, she pointed to a large advertising label of a parked van. She put her finger on the letters A and said loud and clear: "A".
A year later she was able to distinguish all capital letters are different. Not because we would have taught her specifically. We (ie: their grandparents and I) have, instead, simply every question that was answered by her, and her interest in anything in the way down. Observed
how such a little man conquered the world of letters, when we do not disturb this was really fascinating. Letters were painted, kneaded, cut with the children's scissors, nachgeturnt even with the body.
One day, with just over 4 years, she sat on the couch "in the hands Preußler" Little Witch, and announced to want to read to me. Fluent she read the first chapter, loud and clear. I first suspected that she had learned it by heart after repeated aloud and gave her just because I could not believe it, a book from my own shelf: "Goethe's" Faust. I opened the first pages and asked them to read the writing. "You is coming to you again, wavering forms ..." rang it off the couch. Cosima had learned to read.
*
question: Cosima released at the age of eight, her book "Four friends on a treasure hunt." As it happened, and what consequences did it?
Answer: As Cosima decided to write a book to do, I was just in the last throes of my novel "2010." Always eagerly looked at the laptop on which page after page filled with text. By "Mom, I want to write a book," until she started her work on "Four friends on a treasure hunt," took only a few hours. This I could see nothing of what they had written on it placed great value. I have also respected, because I can suffer during the work yourself, if someone constantly looking over my shoulder. I can make it so easy. I never would have believed that it actually manages to carry out a single story in book length. Three months later I was proved wrong when she told me proudly presented their finished manuscript. Her book contains 81 pages, and we published it soon after.
The consequences were quite different. The reactions ranged from insults against the "bad mother that her child forced to write" "Has determined it is not written, this is a publicity stunt," or small-minded comments a la "age and appearance are just now the most important thing for an author," to envy loose big praise for this achievement. Several newspapers ran a post, IMAGE Hall headlined an article in the regional section with "She is eight reads, since she is four and is currently writing her second book."
I try to convey Cosima, to make himself independent as possible and easy to get their way. What comes from inside of a person who has the truth. If you feel this obligation, then the interest fades to criticism or praise.
*
Question: Interested your talented daughter of a writer and music?
Answer: Not really. Music seems not to be vested Cosima expression. Maybe they had just enough of it, since I've sung a lot of ideas in pregnancy: Alone "18 times the role of" Senta in Der Fliegende Holländer, to "a series of" Salome, a series of "Turandot," ... when it is smaller was, she tried a little on the piano, but she lost interest quickly. I have not pushed it. Why torture a man with something that is not it? Nevertheless, she listens to music sometimes and shows an astonishing ear for quality.
* Question: Answer: One of your web pages is called "Little basics: learning is not magic!"! What is there?
Answer: The page http://www.kleines-einmaleins.de I founded to Walpurgisnacht my book basics! - Computing is making (k) a sorcery "known that you can order it directly from the page. I fill the page with content gradually around the topic of preschool education, with emphasis on the basics. Based on my experience with Cosima, I know that the human mind is receptive, especially in the period prior to enrollment as a sponge. During this time, you learn very easily, what you have to spend endless trouble later.
*
question: Is there an interview question that you have asked yet, but you would be happy to answer?
Answer: Yes. One of my favorite topics is the question of the nature of creativity and enjoyment. For our whole society suffers not from lack of money still to technical possibilities. It suffers only in one: the destruction of the creativity of the individual. Any other defect is solely a result, and therefore money can not be removed really quite the opposite is the case.
context, I understand the absolute creative urge to create, reinvent the desire to create something, to start a business, whatever. Then comes the pecuniary success after sometime, unless you constantly stay on the ball. This urge is latent in everyone, but unfortunately, often buried in small children. At the latest, when the coloring moronic, pre-printed worksheets starts in elementary school, we all have our crack away. The unpleasant consequences come to light now faster and more clearly and be subject to the strange word "crisis".
The creative urge is one of the most valuable impulses of man, and parents should defend him with their children with teeth and claws. The kids make you strong against the impositions of the world as best they can only ever. Something to create your own, whatever, is one of the worst things you can do one. He immediately attracts the hatred potential accordingly inhibited on and take a lot to be true to themselves can. I still have the local vending and "in so-called author Forums" Watch on the Internet, if not the majority of the members of it appears to be, to find inspiration for this work, but to make the hated their work worm creators. I assume that this same work in all fields, including authors and opera singers as well as among web designers, inventors, researchers, or rabbit. Just unbelievable, what a pure capital will be burned in this way. Because no money is our capital, no, the spirit it is. Even the most imperfect his own work is far more valuable than the finely chiselled criticism about it. Because the former is perhaps a little better the seed, while the latter could be supplied to a maximum in the toilet of his destination, where one would make for themselves the trouble to print it at all.
* Question: Do you operate on the video sharing "YouTube" a channel. How do you deal in your video clips, listen to and see where they are?
Answer: Most of my trailer to my movie clips Directories. YouTube is now a very great way to be found on the net. My videos are still a little in the experimental phase. Here I would like to add a lot to learn technically, but it would do very often. Even a cartoon I have cobbled together already, it is a book trailer for my children's book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2aWkJeeyck . A kind of cinematic
"interim assessment" of my work, I've singer published here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsRw2v-41Io
*
question: Are you by your parents at your request, become an opera singer to want to promote or hinder been?
* Answer: Before talking to the world of opera came into contact, through the more casual watching a recording of "Tristan und Isolde from Bayreuth, when I was 15 years old, it had been my plan, to complete training as a carpenter in the operation of my father. My encounter with Wagner changed everything with one blow. My parents have me in any way assisted in my plans, after contact with an expert from the trade prepared and I had sung to her. This time I certified great chance of success, and so the decision was made: I would start studying at the conservatory. Unfortunately, the number of obstacles still stood in the Way: minimum condition for receiving a music degree, possession of the middle school. As I was standing at that time with the school system is the enemy, I had only the Qualifying secondary school, but those with a GPA of 1.0. Nevertheless, they said I had to urgently acquire at least the middle school, also 15 year old would not normally be accepted for study. An absurdity for a music degree, because with the practice you can never start too early, but just generally idiotic in a system.
My parents allowed me then to include a distance learning course, which was for three years and graduated with from middle school. Since I have singing lessons wanted to hurry, I sat down on the pants and managed to complete the correspondence course in half the time, with a GPA of 1.7. At 17, I then took on the vocal studies, which also included various trials and tribulations, which I here for space reasons will not go into. At 23, I got the first solid commitment, a beginner's contract at the Staatsoper Stuttgart, after I had sniffed first stage air already in the extra chorus of the opera and smaller solo roles in Nuremberg. My parents, who were happy about this development have hardly ever missed an opera production in which I performed. Whatever I tackled well: you have of me The beginning in every way it supports, for which I am eternally grateful to them. Yes, with my parents, I have a big chance, and we are still very close. When Cosima, I think it also true: When I see, it strives for a goal, then it gets to me every possible assistance.
*
question: On which web pages you can learn more about
Answer: Here are my singers page
http://www.ursulaprem.de . Because of the above aforementioned momentary interruption of my activities singer, it includes no news, but gives an outline of what I've done in this area. I
My author page, which I founded after the publication of my first novel and expanded gradually, can be found here:
http://www.prembuch.de
I am also including active in the blog
http://ein-buch-lesen.blogspot.com
http://www.buchstaben-lernen.de
http://www.kleines-einmaleins.de
http://aktuelle- kommentare.blogspot.com (here I do not write regularly, but only when I burn a topic under the nails).
also on Twitter I am present:
http://twitter.com/Ursula_Prem
*
The questions for the interview, the journalist and author Ernst Probst
http://internet-zeitung.blogspot.com and http://interview-weblog.blogspot.com
0 comments:
Post a Comment